Wednesday, July 2, 2014

I was injured in a hit and run but the driver was never identified. What do I do?

 Answer: If you have collision coverage on your vehicle, you can use it (minus your deductible) to pay for the damage to your vehicle.

What is Uninsured Motorist Coverage (UM) and Under-insured Motorist Coverage (UIM)?

If you have UM coverage, you can make an injury claim against your own carrier as if you were making a claim against the at-fault hit & run driver.

This is why it is so important to carry adequate amounts of UM and UIM coverage.

Having the right personal injury attorney representing you can help you step by step in making sure that you get the justice you deserve, and more importantly, get you back to as normal as possible.

Make sure you ask the law firms you are considering as many questions as you see fit. Make sure they have a track record of handling cases that are similar to yours. Make sure they have experience.