Friday, July 18, 2014

Do I need an attorney for an accident that occurred three years ago?

That depends on the status of the injury claim. Arizona has a general two year statute of limitations (SOL) for tort injury claims,

so unless you have a tolling agreement or have already filed a lawsuit to otherwise protect the SOL, your case is likely dead and you likely have no further recourse.

 If your claim is a UM (uninsured motorist) or UIM (underinsured motorist) claim, you have three years from the date of the accident to assert (bring) your UM/UIM claim and thereafter you have three additional years to resolve the claim, demand arbitration, and/or file suit.